Monday Made It

Hey everyone!

I am so excited to link up with Tara from 4th Grade Frolics for Monday Made It! I can't believe summer is almost over! As I approach the start of the new school year, I start making a ton of lists for "to-do's," "to create," and "to print," etc. for my classroom! I know that we are all on a budget and we continuously search for inexpensive materials and resources for our classrooms. How many times have you ordered a Happy Meal at McDonald's just so you can keep the toy for your prize box? ;)


For today's Monday Made It, I created scratch-off tickets for my prize box! These are super easy to create and can be used multiple times. Oh...and did I mention, they are FREE! Students can select a ticket and scratch it off to reveal their prize! 
First, print the tickets on card stock and cut them out. You can grab them for free HERE


Second, to create the "scratch-off" part, you'll need the following materials: 
Dishwashing liquid
Acrylic paint
Tape
Paintbrush 


After you print the tickets, tape over the "prize" area. Laminating them might work as well and allow you to use them multiple times! 


Then, mix the "scratch-off" solution using 1 part dish soap to 2 parts paint. Apply the solution to the taped area. I did 3-4 coats on each ticket to make sure the area was covered well.




Once the tickets are dry, add them to your prize box or distribute to students randomly. Let them scratch it off with a coin to reveal their prize! :) 



Thank you so much for stopping by! Head over to the link up for more amazing DIY ideas! 
 

Labels: